vendredi 22 août 2008

SELF-DENYING HEART


In order to have a self-denying heart,
I must have the three lasting things


My Lord said that if I want to follow Him,
I must deny myself,
I must take up my cross,
I must be ready for sacrifice.
In the wonderful Book that He had given me,
I have found the conditions which are necessary
For having a self-denying heart.
In this book I have met Abraham who was ready to sacrifice his only son,
Because he believed in his Almighty God and trusted in His promise.
So if I have faith in His promise I will be ready for sacrifice.
There I' ve met also a man who had found a treasure in a field.
He sold all he had and bought this field.
He was willing to left his possessions,
Because he hoped to receive more.
So if I don't lose this blessed hope,
I will be able to deny myself
And leave all that I have.
In this Book I have seen also the greatest Sacrifice,
God gave His Son because of His love,
We have known the love of Christ,
Because He gave His life for us.
So if I love as He did,
I will give my life, I will sacrifice.
How wonderful are the treasures of my God's Word.
In His precious Word I' ve found
That in order to have a sacrificing heart
I must have the three lasting things;
The faith, the hope and the love.
Lord, give me an unfailing faith,
Keep firmly my blessed hope,
Fill my heart with Your limitless love,
I want to become an offering on Your altar.
by Hripsime Mkrtchyan
Translated from Armenian

Aucun commentaire:

Visitors to this page