lundi 18 août 2008

Being like Bible women

Lord, give me the diligence of Rebekah,

Though I don't need to draw water for camels

I want to show  everyone the Source of the living water.


Give me the meekness and the zeal of Ruth,

 Though I don't need to glean  among the ears of grain,

 I want to work in Your field with humility.


Make me wise like Abigail was

And help me to be a peace-maker

 In difficult situations.


 I want You to make me like Esther,

 Though I am not a queen nor a beauty,

 I want to be selfless like her.


Give me a heart of worship and thirst for Your Word,

 I want to sit at Your feet and give You the most precious thing I have

 Like Mary of Bethany did.


 I want to be like Tabitha,

 Though I am not skilled in her handiwork,

 I want to help people like she did.


 I want so much to be like Priscilla,

Though there is no Aquila in my life,

 I want to serve You whole-heartedly like she did.


Lord, make me what You want me to be,

Though I don't know and don't understand many things,

 I'm so happy to  be  Your daughter.




by Hripsime Mkrtchyan Translated from Armenian

1 commentaire:

Chrisi a dit…

Beautiful reminder of what we should want as women of God. Thank you for sharing this blessing. Thank you for sharing.

Visitors to this page