lundi 11 août 2008

Keep me awake


Since You will return without warning
For some Your coming will be a sudden destruction
And for others it will be a pleasant surprise;
In order that I be in the second group,
Help me to watch and stay awake!
Don't let my eyes ever close,
Take the drowsiness away from me!
Many years ago at the dark nights
I was obliged not to sleep at all,
In order to be ready for examinations,
I needed often to stay awake and read.
It was'nt easy, since it was dark around
And everyone was sleeping at this hour,
But lest I fail in examinations,
I was making efforts to stay awake;
I was washing my face with cold water,
I was walking continously in my room…
Now dear Lord, in these last times,
When many are sleeping and it is dark around,
It is so difficult so stay awake,
But I need to watch at any cost.
Now refresh me with the water of Your Word,
Help me to walk with You all the time,
Don't let me sleep, keep me awake at this midnight,
That I may be ready for the final exam.

by Hripsime Mkrtchyan
Translated from Armenian

Aucun commentaire:

Visitors to this page