vendredi 15 août 2008

Appointment with Jesus


Jesus, as I close the door of my room,
To meet You in the secret place,
Please, open the door of my heart,
That I may keep there all the words You'll tell me.

As I close my eyes lest nothing distracts me,
When I call Your holy Name,
Please open the eyes of my heart,
That I may see wondrous things from Your law.

When I draw away from everything and everyone
Please, precious Lord, be near to me,
When I turn off all the sounds of my thoughts,
Please speak to me with Your sweet, tender voice.

I'm sorry that sometimes I don't come to meet You,
And You continue waiting for me,
Sorry that I forget so often asking from you the things
That You would gladly give me.

I'm sorry that I have been running all the time
And I had forgotten to sit at Your feet,
Now I'm coming to our secret meeting place,
I don't want to make you wait any more.
by Hripsime Mkrtchyan
Translated from Armenian

Aucun commentaire:

Visitors to this page