mercredi 6 août 2008

Conversation with the virtuous woman from Proverbs 31


Hello, my sister, I read so often the Proverbs 31
Sometimes I am sad while reading about you.
Virtuous wife: Why? You must be glad in the Lord all the time.
You know it is written in the Word of God.
Hripsime: Yes, it is true, but I want so much to be just like you,
But is seems impossible to me.
You manage to do all your housework,
Not only that, you are a business woman too!
You buy a field and plant a vineyard,
You bring your food from afar,
You make linen garments and you sell them,
I can never do all these things!
Virtuous wife: So just continue the work that the Lord Jesus asked you to do;
Can't you buy a field and plant a vineyard?
But you can work in the field and the vineyard of the Lord!
Hripsime: May be you manage to do all these works,
Because you have maidservants, don't you?
Virtuous wife: I do have maidservants, but it is not the secret of it!
Hripsime: May be the secret is the nice compliment that you hear all the time;
I've read about it in the verse 29.
I've never heard these words, I'll never hear them!
Virtuous wife: And what about the next verse? Don't you remember it?
Hripsime: I know it! Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain;
I don't have neither.
Virtuous wife: And what about the last part of this verse?
Who is the woman that will be praised?
Surely you have the fear of the Lord,
And I wish you to be diligent and wise,
Always full of compassion and love of God.

by Hripsime Mkrtchyan
Translated from Armenian

Aucun commentaire:

Visitors to this page