vendredi 15 août 2008

Earthly wedding as a reminder of the heavenly marriage


My precious Jesus, every time when I'm present
At a wedding on earth,
I think about the marriage Supper that You've promised to me,
Which will be very soon in heaven.
When I see the bride adorned with white gown,
I remember that you promised fine linen clean and bright.
When the groom comes to take the bride,
I remember about that day, when one will be taken and the other will be left.
When the pastor reads John chapter 2,
Mentioning again about Your first miracle,
I remember the Revelation chapter 19,
I think about the most glorious wedding.
When the newly-weds full of happiness
Standing at the altar and are whispering ''yes'',
I remember that those precious promises
For which I'm waiting each and every day,
In You are ''Yes'' and are ''Amen''.
Now at this beautiful wedding
The blessed hope of Your glorious coming
Is filling my heart.
How sweet is to think that You are coming,
''Amen. Even so, come Lord Jesus''
I call with all my heart.

by Hripsime Mkrtchyan
Translated from Armenian

Aucun commentaire:

Visitors to this page