lundi 18 août 2008

Morning devotions



In the morning when the alarm is ringing,
I open three things;
My eyes,
My Bible,
My heart.

I turn off three things;
My phone,
The sounds of my thoughts,
The noise of the world.

I turn on three things;
The lamp on my desk,
The desire for Your Word,
The fire of prayer.

I ask You three things;
Your presence,
Your mercy,
The treasures of Your Word.

Precious Jesus,
In this sweet hour spend with You,
My mind is renewed,
My soul is healed,
My heart is filled.

by Hripsime Mkrtchyan
Translated from Armenian

3 commentaires:

Sarah Ann a dit…

I think this is the one I like the best of the ones I have not read! How I desire this poem to be my prayer and actions every morning. I love you dear sister!

Hripsime a dit…

My dear sister Sarah Ann!
As always your words are a sweet honeycomb for me!
You are in the TOP 10 of my blessings!

Hripsime

Sarah Ann a dit…

Dear sister Hripsime,
You are such a great blessing to me too! I wish I could write poems. I do not have that gift. Continue to use your gift and write your poems to the glory of our God. They are a great blessing.

Visitors to this page