jeudi 7 août 2008

Prayer of a Daughter of God


Jesus I want not only to wear according to 1 Timothy 2.9,
But also I want to put on the garments of Colossians 3.12,
And on the glorious day of Your return
I want to receive the fine linen, clean and bright.
I want not only my house to shine with purity,
But also Yours, which is my heart, where You are the only householder!
Not only have I liked washing the dishes,
I love so much when You wash the earthen vessel which You fill with spiritual treasure.
Not only have I wanted to prepare food with gladness,
But I also want to be fed with Your sweet Words.
Not only I want my lamp not to go out by night,
But also I want Your Word be a lamp to my path.
I don't want to worry about the passing beauty,
But adorn myself with a meek and quiet spirit,
With shamefacedness and sobriety.
I want to live in the manner becoming to a daughter of King
Lord, I want to obey You all the time and in everything.


by Hripsime Mkrtchyan
Translated from Armenian

1 commentaire:

Sarah Ann a dit…

Dear Hripsime,

I am glad that you were able to get a blog!!! I pray that it will be an encouragement to others! I am glad that you figured out how to link my sites on your blog!!! :-) I found your site because someone looked at my site from your blog.

Love you!!!
Sarah Ann

Visitors to this page