jeudi 8 janvier 2009

The gift of encouragement


In Romans 12:8 I have read something
Which made me glad:
I saw that encouraging is a gift too
Which is used for the edification of church.
I noticed with joy that I have this gift,
And I will use it with the help of my Lord.
I enjoy encouraging God's children,
I love to remind them about our God's love:
''Jesus loves you,
So do I with His love'',
''The Lord is Your refuge
You''ll be safe in His arms'',
''I pray for you and I know
That He will never leave you'',
''You are a blessing to me
And I ask His blessings for you''.
In the Bible I have met those who had this gift,
And they showed me how to use it.
Here is Barnabas, ''the son of encouragement''
Who encourages and exhorts:
''Remain faithful to the Lord with steadfast purpose'' (Acts 11:23),
The letters of Paul are always filled
With encouraging and loving words:
''I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,
In every prayer of mine making request for you'' (Phil.1:3),
''My beloved and longed-for brethren,
My joy and my crown,
Stand firm in the Lord, my beloved'' (Phil.4:1).
In his letter apostle James exhorts:
''You also be patient, establish your hearts,
For the coming of the Lord is at hand'' (James 5:8),
The beloved disciple of the Lord exhorts with much love,
''Beloved, let us love one another,
Everyone who loves is born of God'' (1 John 4:7).
These children of God served with love and joy
And they always used the gift of encouragement,
What a honor to be a co-worker with them!
by Hripsime Mkrtchyan
Translated from Armenian

Aucun commentaire:

Visitors to this page